What is The 13 Project?
The 13 Project is a Pretty Fluffy initiative that involves 13 acts of kindness towards animals before 2013.
To join, come up with a list of up to 13 ways you can help animals before the end of 2012. You don’t need a lot of money, or to be working at a shelter, all it takes is the desire to make a difference. If you don’t have the time, make your list just only a few different things!
There is only one more month left of the year so I better get cracking on the rest!
- Share a dogs profile a week on facebook
- Start working on an eBook with proceeds supporting The Lost Dogs’ Home
Blog about the myths of shelter petsRead the post Some common myths about shelter pets
- Write a blog about desexing and adoption
- Run a donation drive for toys, food and blankets
- Promote Oscar’s Law throughout the blog and Facebook to help stop Puppy Farms
- Donate to a shelter regularly
Promote adoption to any friends looking for a new petDefinitely been doing this one! Adopt, don’t shop!
- Open my home again to fostering a dog
Share and promoteBeen doing this on Facebook and Twitter The 13 Project Chat to friends about organizing corporate volunteering days at The Lost Dogs’ HomeHave already had one friend do this, will hit more up!
- Take some photos of dogs at a shelter to help promote them
Share adoptable pets on Twitter dailyJoin me on Twitter!
Now it’s time to make your own list! If you don’t have a blog, share your list in the comments section! Remember, even the smallest thing you do will mean quite a lot to the lives of animals!