What is The 13 Project?
The 13 Project is a Pretty Fluffy initiative that involves 13 acts of kindness towards animals before 2013. There is only about 10 weeks left of this year, so there is no better time to start on The 13 Project: a list of 13 achievable and worthy goals before the year is out.
To join, come up with a list of up to 13 ways you can help animals before the end of 2012. You don’t need a lot of money, or to be working at a shelter, all it takes is the desire to make a difference. If you don’t have the time, make your list just only a few different things!
- Share a dogs profile a week on facebook
- Start working on an eBook with proceeds supporting The Lost Dogs’ Home
- Blog about the myths of shelter pets
- Write a blog about desexing and adoption
- Run a donation drive for toys, food and blankets
- Promote Oscar’s Law throughout the blog and Facebook to help stop Puppy Farms
- Donate to a shelter regularly
- Promote adoption to any friends looking for a new pet
- Open my home again to fostering a dog
- Share and promote The 13 Project
- Chat to friends about organizing corporate volunteering days at The Lost Dogs’ Home
- Take some photos of dogs at a shelter to help promote them
- Share adoptable pets on Twitter daily
Now it’s time to make your own list! If you don’t have a blog, share your list in the comments section! Remember, even the smallest thing you do will mean quite a lot to the lives of animals!